The Air Infiltration screen is used to record pre and post blower door tests, enter exhaust vent information and to select new measures to be installed. The system automatically calculates the CFM50 reduction based on pre and post values entered on this screen and uses the LBNL energy loss algorithm to calculate pre and post measure energy loss loads.
The Air Infiltration screen is accessed by opening the client’s record from the Job List screen, then selecting Air Infiltration from the WEATHERIZATION menu.
- To create a new record, click Add under the appropriate section.
- To edit an existing record, click Edit at the beginning of the row.
- To delete a record, click Delete at the beginning of the row.
See the tasks below for directions on entering Air Infiltration information.
FEATURES AND TASKS
Add a Pre-test or Post-test Record, Building Ventilation, Add Air Infiltration Measures, Enter Air Infiltration Comments, Delete an Air Infiltration Record, Upload and View Photos, Print Air Infiltration Information
From the WEATHERIZATION menu select Air Infiltration:
To add a Pre-test record:
- Enter a Target CFM50 (airflow in cubic feet per minute). The CFM50 Reduction is initially calculated based on the Target CFM50. Once a Post-test CFM50 is entered, it will be re-calculated.
- In the Pre-test or Post-test section of the screen click Add.
- The Test name will default to Pre Test 1, Pre Test 2, etc. based on the number of tests that have been entered, but you can enter any name to help identify the test.
- Select the Direction (Pressurized or Depressurized) from the drop-down list.
- Select the Ring Type (Open, Ring1 or Ring2) from the drop-down list.
- Select the House Pressure @(pa) from the drop-down list.
- The House Pressure @ is a value used to normalize the blower door test. For example, 50 in this field would be defined as the air flow (in cubic feet per minute) needed to create a 50-pascal pressure change in the building envelope. 50 pa = .2 inches of water column.
- Enter the Fan Pressure (pa) if appropriate.
- If you entered a value for Fan Pressure (pa), the CFM50 will be automatically calculated. If not, enter the CFM50.
- The CFMnat will be automatically calculated using the standard adjustment factor.
- The ACH (Air Changes per Hour) will be automatically calculated using the total volume of the enclosure.
- ACH is the number of times the volume of air in a structure will change in one hour at the induced blower door house pressure of 50 Pascals.
- Click to save the record.
From the Air Infiltration screen, click the Building Ventilation tab. The ASHRAE 62.2 values display on the top portion of the screen.
To enter Existing Exhaust Vents:
- Click Add .
- Enter the Name of the vent. You can enter any name to help identify the vent.
- Select the Type of vent (Bath or Kitchen) from the drop-down list.
- Click the checkbox if this vent is Affected. An affected bath is a bath that doesn't have an exhaust fan of 50 CFM or greater; it does not include a bathroom if the whole building ventilation will go in that room. Please note that CFM of 100 is the limit for Kitchens.
- Click the checkbox if this vent is Window Operable.
- Enter the Exhaust Fan (cfm) of this vent.
- From the Air Infiltration screen, click the Select Measure tab and click Add.
- Select the Measure from the drop-down list.
- Enter the Unit Cost of the measure.
- Enter the Quantity.
- Click to Save the record.
- When all measures have been entered, click Save at the bottom of the screen.
- Health and Safety measures are not included in the overall SIR calculation for a job, but the cost of other non energy savings measures will contribute to the SIR.
- From the Air Infiltration screen, click the Comment
- Click in the box and enter comments.
- Click Save.
From the WEATHERIZATION menu select Air Infiltration, and click Delete at the beginning of the row for the pre-test or post-test record.
To delete an exhaust vent or measure, click on the appropriate tab and click Delete at the beginning of the row for that record.
From the WEATHERIZATION menu select Air Infiltration.
To upload a photo:
- Click the Upload Photo button at the bottom of the screen.
- Enter any Notes relating to the photo.
- Under Upload File, click Select File.
- Locate the file to upload and click Open.
- Click Save.
To View a photo:
- Click the View Photo button at the bottom of the screen.
From the WEATHERIZATION menu select Air Infiltration and click the Print button at the bottom of the screen.