The Work Order screen is used to create and manage subcontractor or crew weatherization work orders (scopes of work). A work order is created by assigning a job’s measures to a subcontractor or crew. The measures and audit photos can then be printed or emailed directly to the subcontractor or crew.
The Work Order screen can be accessed from WORKFLOW on the main menu, or by opening the client’s record from the Client List screen and selecting Work Order from the WORK ORDER menu.
- To create a new record, click Add.
- To view (read-only) an existing record, click View at the beginning of the row.
- To edit an existing record, click Edit at the beginning of the row.
- To delete a record, click Delete at the beginning of the row.
If Work Order is chosen from WORKFLOW, all work orders for your organization will be listed. Individual work orders can be located by searching by Job Number, Status, First or Last Name. If selected from a job, only work orders for that specific client and job will be listed.
See the tasks below for directions on entering work order information.
FEATURES AND TASKS
Search and Filter Options, Create Work Orders, Print or Email a Work Order, Call Back Work Orders, Search and Filter Options, Delete a Work Order, Delete Measures on a Work Order, Change Vendors on a Work Order, Statuses on the Work Order Screen, Related Tasks and Information
To search for a work order on the Work Order screen, enter the Agency (this will default to your agency, but Administrators can select any agency), Work Order Date range or Vendor at the top of the screen and click Search. Or you can enter the desired search criteria (Job Number, Status, First Name, Last Name, Callback and/or W.O. Issuer) and click the Apply Filter button.
For example, to see how many work orders are pending installation:
- From the main menu, select WORKFLOW and then select Work Order.
- Select Equal To and Work Order from the Status Column search drop-down lists, and click the Apply Filter button.
From the Client Menu:
- Select Work Order and click Add (or click the Work Order Button on the Selected Measures screen).
- Enter general work order comments for the vendor or crew in the Comment
- In the Work Order Details Screen, select the desired measures to add to the work order.
- Measures can be selected individually:
- Click Edit at the beginning of each measure’s row.
- Select a Vendor from the Vendor drop-down list.
- Edit the Order Quantity, Order Price, or Order Labor Cost, as necessary.
- Click Save.
- Repeat the steps above for each measure being issued on the work order.
- Click Save & Close at the bottom of the screen to generate the work order.
- Multiple measures can be selected and assigned to the same vendor:
- Hold down the CTRL Key while left-clicking your mouse to select multiple measures (selected measures will be highlighted)
- Select a Vendor from the Change Vendor To drop-down list in the Update Multiple Measures Box.
- Click Apply Selected (or Apply All if all measures are being assigned to a single vendor or crew).
- Repeat the steps above for each group of measures being issued on the work order.
- Click Save.
- Measures can be selected individually:
From the Main Menu:
- Select Work Order from the WORKFLOW menu and click Add.
- On the Select Job list, find the job or use the filters to search by Job Number, First Name, and/or Last Name.
- Using your mouse, highlight the job you want to create a work order for and click OK.
- Follow the steps listed above to select individual or multiple measures to add to the work order.
- The Callback checkbox will automatically check only if this is a Callback Work Order created from a failed agency or state inspection.
- After measures or vendors are added to a work order, they cannot be deleted. See Delete Measures on a Work Order and Change Vendors on a Work Order for more information.
Open a work order by clicking the Edit button.
Choose from the following options:
- Print – Displays the work order in a printable report.
- Email – Email the work order to the email address defined on the Vendor/Crew List
- Click Include Costs to include costs when you print or email the work order.
- Click Photos to include all photos when you print or email the work order.
You can also export the work order to an Excel spreadsheet by clicking Export to Excel.
If a measure failed during agency or state inspection, clicking the Issue Callback Work Order button at the bottom of the Inspection screen will create a new callback work order.
To issue a Call Back Work Order:
- On the Inspection screen, select the install you wish to modify.
- Click Edit.
- Select the Measure Tab.
- Identify the Measure that you wish to Fail, Click the Edit button on that Line.
- Change the Inspection Status on the Measure to Fail. Click Save.
- Once you save the Measure as Fail, select the "Issue Call Back Work Order" button on the bottom of the screen.
On the Work Order screen the new work order displays a Yes in the Call Back column and the Callback checkbox at the top right of the Work Order Detail tab is checked. You will need to install and inspect callback work orders just as you would a regular work order.
- See the Installation and Inspection screen help for information on how to complete installations and inspections.
Select Work Order from WORKFLOW on the main menu, or by opening the client’s record from the Client List screen and selecting Work Order from the WORK ORDER menu. At the beginning of the row, click Delete to remove the work order.
- A work order can only be deleted if it has a status of Work Order in the Status c If the status is Install, the work order must first be deleted from the Install screen. If the status is Inspection, it must first be deleted from the Inspection screen, then the Installation screen.
- Deleting a work order will not delete the measures from the job, it only removes the work order.
Once a work order is created with measures, the measures cannot be deleted from the work order. The system is designed with this security measure to ensure quality work order and job tracking data. An available option is to delete the work order, which will release the measures.
Once a work order is assigned to a vendor, the vendor cannot be changed. The system is designed with this security measure to support effective vendor/crew coordination. An available option is to delete the work order, which will release the measures so they can be reassigned to a different vendor/crew.
Work Order – Work order has been completed; pending subcontractor or crew installation.
Install – Work order has been installed; pending agency inspection.
Inspection – Work order has been inspected; measures have not been invoiced.
Inspected – All work orders for the job have been inspected and invoiced.
Monitor – The job has been monitored by the state or grantee.
Work Order is the first in a series of steps to take a job from Audited to Complete. After the work order is complete, the next step is Installation, then Inspection. The status of a job is automatically updated in the system as you complete the steps and enter data into these screens. Some jobs may also be selected for Monitor Inspection, but that is not required to complete a job. The work order, installation and inspection must be completed before a job can be invoiced.