Once a client has been entered into the system, the Client Information screen is used to view or edit client information and track eligibility. Data is displayed in 4 sections on the screen:
- Client Information
- Household Demographic
- Landlord Information
- District Information
Note: Some fields on the Client Information screen are updated based on data entered on other CLIENT INTAKE. For example, when you enter family information on the Family screen or energy usage on the Energy Consumption screen, fields in the Household Demographic section will be automatically updated.
The Client Information screen is accessed by opening the client’s record from the Client List screen on the CLIENT menu.
- To view (read-only) an existing record, click View at the beginning of the row.
- To edit an existing record, click Edit at the beginning of the row.
- To delete a record, click Delete at the beginning of the row.
See the tasks below for instructions on entering Client Information.
FEATURES AND TASKS
From the CLIENT menu select Client List, search for the client and click Edit at the beginning of the row.
- Enter the client’s name in the First Name and Last Name
- Enter the client’s street address in the Street field.
- Enter the apartment or unit number in the APT# field if applicable.
- Select the County from the drop-down list.
- Select the City from the drop-down list by selecting the first letter of the city, then the name of the city.
- Enter the Zip Code in the Zip field.
- Enter the client’s phone number and alternate number in the Phone and Alternate Phone fields if applicable.
- If the client’s mailing address is the same as the street address, click same as above, or enter the Mailing Address.
- Enter the client’s E-Mail Address.
- A Client Number is automatically assigned and displayed.
- The Applied Date displays the date that was entered when the client was added to the system. This date should not be changed.
- The Certified Date displays the date that was entered when the client was added to the system. To edit this date, enter a new date or use the Calendar feature.
- If the Funding Source is known, select it from the drop-down list. If you are unsure about the funding, or if there will be multiple funding sources for this client, leave this blank.
- Select the Primary Heating source from the drop-down list.
- Select the Building Type from the drop-down list.
- Enter any relevant Comments about this customer.
Edit Household Demographic information:
- The Eligibility Status will be automatically populated based on data entered on other CLIENT INTAKE Status definitions:
Incomplete App – application is not complete.
Eligible - client is eligible for weatherization work.
Ineligible – client is not eligible for weatherization work.
Ineligible/Incomplete – specific to multifamily projects where the applicant is not eligible or application is not complete.
- The WAP Rank is automatically populated based on an algorithm specific to each state. Factors that determine the wap rank may include, but are not limited to: poverty level; age of occupants; number of occupants; high fuel burden; disabled occupants. Click the WAP Rank button at the bottom of the screen to calculate or re-calculate the WAP Rank if changes are made.
- A WAP Rank of 0 indicates that the application is not complete.
- A WAP Rank 0f -1 indicates that weatherization work has been initiated.
- A number greater than 1 indicates that the client is eligible.
- If the client is already eligible for weatherization through a separate qualifying program such as LIHEAP, Food Stamps, Shelter or SSI, select the appropriate Categorical Eligibility from the drop-down list.
- The number of Occupants, Elderly, Children 6-17, Children 3-5, Children 0-2 and Disabled fields will be updated when you enter information on the Family
- Based on administrative settings for your system, you may be able to directly enter data in these fields after the record is initially saved. If you enter information on the Family screen, anything you enter here will be overwritten with data entered on that screen.
- Annual Income and Poverty Level will be automatically populated based on system calculations and data entered on the Income
- High Use and High Burden will be automatically checked based on calculations and data entered on the Energy Consumption
- If client lives in a rental unit, click the Heat in Rent and DHW in Rent boxes if applicable.
Edit Landlord Information:
If the client lives in a rental unit, enter the landlord name, address and phone number.
Edit District Information:
Based on administrative settings for your system, District Information may be required for reporting purposes. Select the appropriate Congressional, Legislative and State Senatorial options from the drop-down lists for each field.
- If a district is missing from the list, contact your system administrator to have it added.
- WAP Form – a printable weatherization application.
- WAP Eligible – a printable letter stating the client is eligible for weatherization.
- Denial Letter –a printable letter stating the client has been denied/deferred.
Dynamic relationships exist between other CLIENT INTAKE screens and fields on this screen. The following fields are automatically updated based on calculations and data entered: Eligibility Status; WAP Rank; Annual Income; Poverty Level; High Use; High Burden. In addition, when you enter or edit information on the Family screen, related fields will be automatically updated.
- Eligibility Status - Family and Income screens
- WAP Rank - Family and Energy Consumption screens
- Annual Income - Income screen
- Poverty Level – Family and Income screens
- High Use – Energy Consumption screen
- High Burden – Energy Consumption and Income screens