The Inspection screen is used to record completed inspections. After the work is complete, use this screen to enter the name of the inspector, inspection comments, the date the inspection was completed and whether each measure passed or failed.
The Inspection screen is accessed from WORKFLOW on the main menu, or by opening the client’s record from the Client List screen and selecting Inspection from the WORK ORDER menu.
- To complete an inspection, click Edit at the beginning of the row.
- To view (read-only) an existing record, click View at the beginning of the row.
- To delete a record, click Delete at the beginning of the row.
If Inspection is chosen from WORKFLOW, all work orders for your organization will be listed. Individual work orders can be located by searching by Job Number, Status, First or Last Name. If Inspection is selected from a job, only work orders for that specific client and job will be listed.
See the tasks below for directions on entering work order information.
FEATURES AND TASKS
Search and Filter Options, Complete the Inspection, Failed Measures and Callback Work Orders, Print Agency QC Forms, Delete an Inspection, Statuses on the Inspection Screen, Related Tasks and Information
To search for a work order on the Inspection screen, enter the Agency (this will default to your agency, but Administrators can select any agency), Inspector, Inspection Date range or Vendor at the top of the screen and click Search. Or you can enter the desired search criteria (Job Number, Status, First Name, Last Name, Failed, and/or Call Back and click the Apply Filter button.
For example, to see how many work orders are pending inspection:
- From the main menu, select WORKFLOW and then select Inspection.
- Select Equal To and Install from the Status Column search drop-down lists, and click the Apply Filter button.
From the Client Menu:
- Select Inspection and click Edit at the beginning of the row for that work order.
- In the Date field select the date using the Calendar feature or directly enter the inspection date.
- Select an inspector from the Schedule Inspector drop-down list.
- Enter general inspection comments in the Comment
- Click the Measure tab.
- Review the quantities and costs of all materials.
- The inspection quantities and costs default to the installation values. If the values have changed, click Edit at the beginning of the row for that measure and enter the new values in the Inspection Quantity, Inspection Unit Cost and Inspection Labor Cost Click Save.
- If all measures pass or fail the inspection, select Pass or Fail from the Record Status of All Measures drop-down list, then click the Set button.
- To pass or fail individual measures, click Edit at the beginning of the row for that measure and select Pass or Fail from the drop-down list in the Status Click Save.
- To enter comments for individual measures, click Edit at the beginning of the row for that measure and enter the comment in the Comment Click Save.
- Click Save.
From the Main Job Menu:
- Select Inspection from the WORKFLOW menu (also referred to as the WEATHERIZATION or SUBCONTRACTOR WORKFLOW in some customer sites).
- Find the work order or use the filters to search by Job Number, First Name, and/or Last Name.
- Click Edit at the beginning of the row for that work order.
- Follow the steps listed above to complete the inspection.
- If measure photos have been uploaded, the camera icon will display at the beginning of the row for measures that contain photos. Click Camera to view photos.
- If only a few measures fail, use the Record Status of All Measures feature and set all measures to Pass. Then edit the status of only those measures that failed.
If a measure failed during agency or state inspection, click the Issue Callback Work Order button at the bottom of the screen. This will bring up the Work Order screen with the failed measures. You can change the vendor and date and save the record. The Callback checkbox at the top right of the Work Order Detail tab is checked. On the Work Order and Installation screens the new work order displays a Yes in the Call Back column. Remember to install and inspect callback work orders just as you would a regular work order.
Print the following forms directly in the Inspection screen:
- The Agency QC Form button displays the form in a printable report for just this work order.
- The Entire Job Agency QC Form button displays the form in a printable report that includes all work orders for the job.
- The Final Acceptance Form displays the results of the inspection in a printable report. This form is not available until the inspection passes and the record is saved.
Select Inspection from WORKFLOW on the main menu, or by opening the client’s record from the Client List screen and selecting Inspection from the WORK ORDER menu. At the beginning of the row, click Delete to remove the work order.
- An inspection can only be deleted if it has a status of Inspection in the Status column and the job has not been invoiced. If delete is not available:
- Check the job status by hovering over the Client Name at the top of each screen in the client record. Client information will display including Priority, Client Number, Address, Job Numbers, along with job status.
- Quickly check if a job has been invoiced while you’re in the client record by going to the Audit Information screen and look for a Complete Date. If the Complete Date field is blank, the job has not been invoiced.
Work Order – Work order has been completed; pending subcontractor or crew installation.
Install – Work order has been installed; pending agency inspection.
Inspection – Work order has been inspected; measures have not been invoiced.
Inspected – All work orders for the job have been inspected and invoiced.
Monitor – The job has been monitored by the state or grantee.
Inspection is the last in a series of steps to take a job from Audited to Complete. The status of a job is automatically updated in the system as you complete the steps. Some jobs may also be selected for Monitor Inspection, but that is not required to complete a job. After the work order, installation and inspection are complete for all measures, go to the Selected Measures screen to make sure all measures have an inspection date and that funding sources are assigned before invoicing a job.