The Add Client screen is used to enter application information. Data is entered in 4 sections on the screen:
- Client Information
- Household Demographic
- Landlord Information
- District Information
- Some fields on this screen are updated based on data entered on other CLIENT INTAKE For example when you enter family information on the Family screen or energy usage on the Energy Consumption screen, fields in the Household Demographic section will be automatically updated.
To add a new client, select Add Client from the CLIENT menu.
See the tasks below for instructions on entering client information.
FEATURES AND TASKS
ADD A NEW CLIENT
From the CLIENT menu select Add Client.
- Enter the client’s name in the First Name and Last Name fields.
- Enter the client’s street address in the Street field.
- Enter the apartment or unit number in the APT# field if applicable.
- Select the County from the drop-down list.
- Select the City from the drop-down list by selecting the first letter of the city, then the name of the city.
- The State is automatically populated.
- Enter the Zip Code in the Zip field.
- Enter the client’s phone number and alternate number in the Phone and Alternate Phone fields if applicable.
- If the client’s mailing address is the same as the street address, click same as above, or enter the Mailing Address.
- Enter the client’s E-Mail Address.
- Based on the administrative settings for your system, a Client Number will be automatically assigned, or you may be required to enter a number in this field.
- Enter a date in the Applied Date. The date defaults to today’s date and can be changed by using the Calendar feature or by directly entering a date.
- If the Funding Source is known, select it from the drop-down list. If you are unsure about the funding, or if there will be multiple funding sources for this client, leave this blank.
- Select the Primary Heating source from the drop-down list.
- Select the Building Type from the drop-down list.
- Enter any relevant Comments about this customer.
- If the client is already eligible for weatherization through a separate qualifying program such as LIHEAP, Food Stamps, Shelter or SSI, select the appropriate Categorical Eligibility from the drop-down list.
- The number of Occupants, Elderly, Children 6-17, Children 3-5, Children 0-2 and Disabled fields will be updated when you enter information on the Family
- Based on the administrative settings for your system, you may be able to directly enter data in these fields after the record is initially saved. If you enter information on the Family screen, anything you enter here will be overwritten with data entered on that screen.
- High Use and High Burden will be automatically checked based on calculations and data you enter on the Energy Consumption
- If the client lives in a rental unit, click the Heat in Rent and/or DHW in Rent boxes if applicable.
If the client lives in a rental unit, enter the landlord Name, Address, City, State, Zip and Phone number.
Based on administrative settings for your system, District Information may be required for reporting purposes. Select the appropriate Congressional, Legislative and State Senatorial options from the drop-down lists for each field.
- If a district is missing from the list, contact your system administrator to have it added.
Once a client has been entered and saved, you can access this screen by selecting the client from the Client List on the CLIENT menu.