The Income screen is a tool to document the Income of all family members. Recording Income is used to determine if a client is eligible for weatherization assistance programs. If a family member has more than one source of Income, multiple income records can be created. For example, if a family member has more than one job, create an income record for each job.
- Family members must be entered on the Family screen before Income data can be entered here.
The Income screen is accessed by opening the client’s record from the Client List screen and selecting Income from the CLIENT INTAKE menu.
- To create a new record, click Add.
- To view (read-only) an existing record, click View at the beginning of the row.
- To edit an existing record, click Edit at the beginning of the row.
- To delete a record, click Delete at the beginning of the row.
See the tasks below for instructions on entering Income information.
FEATURES AND TASKS
From the CLIENT INTAKE menu:
- Select Income and click Add.
- Select a Family Member from the drop-down list. (If the family member does not appear on the list, they must first be added on the Family screen.)
- Select the Income Type from the drop-down list.
- Enter the amount of income in the Pay Amount ($)
- Select the Frequency of pay from the drop-down list.
- Enter the hours per week the family member works in the Hours/Week If the income is not associated with work (such as SS Benefits), enter 0.
- Click Save.
- Repeat the steps above for each family member and income record.
If the income for a family member varies, check amounts can be entered into the system to have the average income amount calculated.
From the Income screen for the family member:
- Click the Edit Client Income Checks tab.
- Enter the Pay Period Ending Date or Check Date.
- Enter the Gross Pay.
- Click to save the record.
- Repeat these steps for all income checks.
- The Total($) at the bottom of the screen will automatically update as checks are added.
- Enter the appropriate number in the Divided By field.
- For example, if you have entered weekly check amounts for one month, enter 4 to calculate the Average Earned Income($). This amount will automatically update the Pay Amount ($) field on the Edit Client Income tab.
- Click Save.
Data entered on this screen will update the Annual Income and Poverty Level fields on the Client Information screen which are used to determine if a client is eligible for weatherization assistance programs.