The Invoice List is used to create and manage invoices. You can add jobs and indirect costs to new or existing invoices and when the invoice is complete, it can be submitted from this screen. The following information is displayed in the columns: Invoice Number; Status; Agency; Direct Cost; Indirect Cost; Total Cost; Funding Source; Invoice Date; Payment Date; Payment Number; Photo; Comment. Invoice reports can also be generated from this screen.
To access this screen, select Invoice List on the INVOICING menu.
- To create a new invoice, click Add
- To view (read-only) an existing invoice, click View at the beginning of the row.
- To edit an existing invoice, click Edit at the beginning of the row.
- To delete an invoice, click Delete at the beginning of the row.
- Only invoices with a status of Open can be edited or deleted. Submitted invoices need to be released from the Payment List by a system administrator before they can be edited or deleted. Paid invoices cannot be edited or deleted.
See the tasks below for instructions on using the Invoice List.
FEATURES AND TASKS
Search and Filter Options, Sort the Invoice List, Add Jobs (Direct Costs) to an Invoice, Add Indirect Costs to an Invoice, Edit an Invoice, Submit an Invoice, Delete an Invoice, Delete Costs from an Invoice, Invoice List Reports, Error and Notification Messages
To find an existing invoice, enter any of the following search criteria or a combination of criteria and click Search:
- Job Number
- Agency (this will default to your agency, but Administrators can select any agency)
- First Name of the client
- Last Name of the client
- Invoice Number
- Invoice Date range
- Payment Number
- Payment Date range
- Funding Source
The list is displayed by invoice number (most recent on top), but can be sorted by any column heading. Click the heading once to sort the data in ascending order, click a second time to sort in descending order.
To add a job to an existing invoice, search for the invoice and click Edit at the beginning of the row.
To create a new invoice, click Add at the bottom of the screen.
- Under Manage Jobs on Invoice (Direct Costs), click Add .
- Enter a date in the End Date field. The date defaults to today’s date and can be changed by using the Calendar feature or by directly entering a date.
- To search for and add a specific job by the job number, enter the Job Number. If you want to add multiple jobs leave this field blank.
- To search for and add jobs for a specific funding source, select the Funding Source from the drop-down list. If multiple funding sources are allowed on a single invoice, leave this field blank.
- To search for and add a specific job by client name and/or address, enter the client’s First Name, Last Name and/or Street. If you want to add multiple jobs leave these fields blank.
- The Contract Year defaults to the current Program Year. If you are invoicing against a different program year, enter the year here.
- Click Search to display a list of all jobs that meet the search criteria and are ready to be invoiced.
- To see the details of a specific job, click View under the Action
- To add all jobs on the list to the invoice, check the Select All checkbox above the list. To add specific jobs, click the checkbox next to the jobs you want to add.
- Click Save.
- If a job or jobs do not appear on the list, click View Incomplete Jobs. This will display a list of jobs that are not ready to be invoiced and indicate the following reason(s):
- No Funding Source – displays the number of measures for the job that do not have a funding source assigned.
- No Install Date – displays the number of measures for the job that do not have an installation date.
- Need Approval – job is on the Measure Approval or State Approval list and is waiting approval by a state administrator.
- Waiting Monitor – job has been selected for Monitor Inspection and the inspection is not complete.
- Missing WAP Documents – displays the number of WAP Documents that have not been marked as Not Required or Complete (based on administrative settings).
To add indirect costs to an existing invoice, search for the invoice and click Editat the beginning of the row. To create a new invoice, click Add at the bottom of the screen.
- Under Indirect Costs on Invoice (expand/contract), click Add .
- Select the Budget Type from the drop-down list.
- Select the Funding Source from the drop-down list.
- Enter the Program Year.
- Enter a Start Date.
- Enter an End Date.
- Enter the cost in the Bill Amount field.
- Enter a Description for the indirect cost.
- Click Save.
Search for the invoice and click Edit at the beginning of the row. Follow the instructions above to add new costs to the invoice or edit existing data.
From the Action column next to each job, select any of the following actions:
- To view the job details click the icon.
- To export the job detail to a spreadsheet click the icon.
- To generate a printable Work Orders Report for the job click the icon.
- To generate a printable report with all photographs for the job click the icon.
- To delete a job from the invoice click the icon.
To attach files to the invoice:
- Click the Attach File button at the bottom of the screen.
- On the Attachment List, click Add .
- Under Upload File, click Select File.
- Locate the file to upload and click Open.
- Click Save.
To add general comments about the invoice, click the Edit Comment button at the bottom of the screen.
From the Invoice List screen:
- Check the box at the top of the list of invoices to submit all invoices on the list.
- To submit specific invoices, check the box at the left of the invoices you are ready to submit.
- Enter a date in the Invoice Date The date defaults to today’s date and can be changed by using the Calendar feature or by directly entering a date.
- Click Submit.
Search for the invoice and click Deleteat the beginning of the row. Only invoices with a status of Open can be deleted.
- If the does not appear, the invoice is either submitted or paid. Submitted invoices need to be released from the Payment List by a system administrator before they can be deleted.
Search for the invoice and click Edit at the beginning of the row. Only invoices with a status of Open can be edited.
- To delete a job from the invoice, find the job under Manage Jobs on Invoice (Direct Costs) and click Delete.
- To delete indirect costs from the invoice, find the cost under Indirect Costs on Invoice (expand/contract) and click Delete.
- Based on administrative settings for your system, some indirect costs may be automatically added to an invoice for certain funding sources. The delete icon will not appear for these costs. They are tied to jobs on the invoice, and will be automatically removed from the invoice if the jobs are deleted.
From the Invoice List screen, select one or more invoices by checking the box at the left of the invoice, then click one of the following buttons at the bottom of the screen.
Click this button to display a report that can be printed or exported to Word, Excel or a .pdf file. This report includes both summary information and the detail for every job on the invoice. The following information is included in this report:
- Jobs Summary – total number of reportable jobs, rework jobs and common area jobs
- Budget Type Summary – total amounts on the invoice for each budget type
- Funding Source Summary – total amounts on the invoice by budget type for each funding source
- Project Summary – total number of eligible units and ineligible units as well as total amount by funding source and common area costs for multifamily projects
- Detailed data for each job on the invoice that includes all direct and indirect costs grouped by budget type
Click this button to display a Request for Payment and Statistical Report that can be printed or exported to Word, Excel or a .pdf file. This report includes the following data by budget type:
- Total Budget
- Previously Requested Amount
- This Period Requested Amount
- Current Year Budget Remaining
- Current Carry Over Remaining
- Previous Carry Over Remaining
- Contract Remaining
- Total Requested To Date
- Contract Amount Remaining
- This Period Payment (Invoice Amount)
- If the pdf icon does not show as an option on a report, the file is too large to be exported to that file type. You can export the report to a Word document and then export it to a .pdf.
The system performs several checks when costs are added to invoices. Based on administrative settings, checks may include but are not limited to: budget balances; budget dates; grace period; allocation dates; heating information; required documents; required photographs; missing wage forms (Davis Bacon only). Below are examples of messages you may see. If you are not sure why you are seeing a message, contact your system administrator or Hancock support for assistance.
“Below jobs cannot be processed as the Budget for eligibility is not current. Please override this block using the State approval screen.”
“Allocation end date expired.”
“We cannot add the following job(s) to the invoice because they are missing heating information. Jobs:…”
“Job cannot be invoiced until all measures have a funding source.”