The Energy Consumption screen provides a tool to document client fuel usage. Recording fuel usage, including Utility Providers (gas, electric, wood and others) and Annual Energy Usage, may be used to:
- Determine if a Client is considered High Use (energy use is high) or High Burden (energy costs are high when compared to income). For programs that prioritize service delivery based on High Use and/or High Burden, WAP Online automatically calculates High Use and High Burden based on data entered in the Energy Consumption screen, and awards “points” to a Client’s WAP Rank (Priority), if appropriate.
- Calculate Energy Savings and Savings Investment Ratio (SIR) for measures or jobs. Fuel costs and usage are factors in calculating energy and cost savings for weatherization services.
Multiple utility usage records may be created to document a Client’s fuel use. For example, if a Client has multiple fuel providers - natural gas for primary heating and hot water, and electric for baseload (lighting and refrigeration) energy use - users may create a record for each type of fuel use.
Task Search and Data Entry Examples:
- Click Add at the bottom of the Energy Consumption screen. The Add New Consumption Information window will pop-up with two tabs: Utility Usage and Monthly Usage.
- On the Utility Usage tab:
- Select a Utility* from the drop-down list of utilities. If the desired Utility (Fuel Vendor) is not listed, please contact your State Program Administrator or Hancock Support.
- Enter the utility account number in the Account Number* If the account number is not known or is not applicable (i.e. for wood), check No Account Number.
- Enter today’s date in the Date* The date defaults to today’s date and can be changed by using the Calendar feature or by directly editing the date field.
- Enter the account holder name in the Name on Account* If the name is the same as the applicant (name on the Client Info screen), check Same Name.
- Enter the Annual Energy Usage. The Annual Energy Usage is the amount of energy in fuel units (Gallons for Oil, CCF for Natural Gas, tons for coal, gallons for kerosene, cords for wood, gallons for propane, kWh for electricity) that the household consumed in one year. See Calculate Annual Energy Usage for information on using the Monthly Usage tab to calculate annual energy usage.
- Enter a Utility Allowance. Complete this field only if the applicant received energy assistance (such as LIHEAP) over the past 12 months.
- Click Save & Close.
- Repeat the steps above for each utility (fuel) provider.
Note: Fields marked with a Red Asterisk * are required fields.
The Monthly Usage tab functions as a calculator, allowing a user to sum (add) 12 months of fuel usage. Users may use this tool to calculate Annual Energy Usage.
- Open the Monthly Usage
- Enter the fuel consumption for each of the 12 months. Typically this information is obtained by reviewing 12 months of utility bills.
- Make note of Annual amount calculated at the bottom of this screen.
- Click Save.
- Click the Utility Usage tab and enter the amount in the Annual Fuel Usage
- Complete the steps listed in Add a New Fuel Usage Record.
- Click Save & Close.
Note: The Monthly Usage tab does not automatically populate the Annual Fuel Usage to the Utility Usage tab.
- To edit a utility record click Edit at the beginning of the row for that record. This will allow you to enter a record in the edit mode.
- To view a utility record click View at the beginning of the row for that record. This will allow you to enter the record in the read-only mode.
- To delete a utility record click Delete at the beginning of the row for that record.