In most cases, when the energy modeled savings are unreasonably high or low, it is because the auditor has entered incorrect data about the structure's existing conditions.
This article explains how to correct modeled savings that are too high or too low for jobs that are paid or are on a submitted invoice.
Warning: Un-submitting paid invoices will modify reports that use the paid date range. Un-submitting submitted invoices will modify reports that use the completed date range.
***It is recommended to use the original invoice and payment date when re-submitting the invoices and payments.
Un-pay or Release Paid Jobs
- On the Payment List Screen, use the control button on your keyboard to highlight in yellow the job or jobs that need to be released.
- Record the payment date and payment number for each invoice so the invoice can re-submitted and paid with the original dates after the data entry errors are complete.
- Select the Release Invoice button. (Make sure the intention is to un-pay or release the invoice.) At the prompt "Releasing invoices will unlock the records. Are you sure you want to continue?" select OK.
- The job has been released from payment and is now in a "submitted" status on the Payment List screen.
Un-submit the Payment Record
- Note all of the job numbers on the invoice that you are un-submitting. (Remember, un-submitting an invoice from the payment list un-submits all jobs on that invoice.)
- Select the invoice you wish to unpay and click the "Unpay" button at the bottom of the screen.
- On the Payment List Screen, select the curved arrow button next to the record to Un-submit the record.
- At the prompt "Are you sure you want to un-submit?" select OK.
Delete the Record From the Invoice List Screen
- On the Invoice List Screen, select the delete trash icon to remove the invoice from the screen. (Make note of any indirect costs added to each job.)
- At the prompt "Are you sure you want to delete?" select OK.
Back up the Job Statuses to Audited to Make Corrections
- Open the job from the Job List screen. The job is in an "Inspected" status.
- Expand the Work Order menu, open the Inspection screen and select the delete trash icon to back up the inspection status to install. (If quantities or costs were updated on the inspection screen, note the updates as well as the pass or fail status, inspection date and scheduled inspector). If there is no delete trash icon, then the job may have a completed monitor inspection record. Notify the support desk to release the completed monitoring record (Before requesting that the monitor record be deleted, note the overall job evaluation status, every measure's pass or fail status and the monitor inspector and date).
- Open the Installation screen and select the delete trash icon to back up the install status to work ordered (Note the installer and date).
- Open the Work Order screen and select the delete trash icon to back up the work ordered status to audited. (Note the vendor and date).
- At the bottom of the energy savings screen, select the Unlock Audit button.
NOTE: If the Unlock Audit button is still not available, check to make sure there are no Inspection, Install or Work Order records. I
Make Changes to Data Entry Fields
- Open a screen within the weatherization, baseload or hot water screens and correct the appropriate existing conditions.
- After making desired changes to the data entry fields, go to the Energy Savings screen, Recalculate and Lock Audit at the bottom of the screen.
Work Order, Install and Inspect the Job
- Open the Work Order screen and select the plus button to add a work order. Record the vendor, date, apply all and save.
- Select the edit button from the Installation screen, record the installation date and save and close.
- Select the edit button from the Inspection screen, record the inspection date, scheduled inspector, pass or fail status and save (or save and recalculate SIR if that option is present).
Prepare the Job for Invoice and Payment Submission
- On the Invoice List Screen, select the plus button and set the agency field. Select the plus button under the "Manage Jobs on Invoice" section. Choose the funding source. It is optional to paste the job number. Select the search button.
- Check the job number(s) that you would like to add to the invoice and save.
- If there are indirect costs associated with the job(s) add these under the "Indirect Costs on Invoice" section.
- Select the Complete and Return to Invoice List button.
- From the Invoice List Screen, check the boxes for the invoice(s) to be submitted and select submit.
- On the Payment List Screen, use the control button on your keyboard to highlight in yellow the job(s) to be paid.
- Enter the original paid date and payment number and save.
- At the prompt "Saving the payment date will lock the invoice and it will not be editable. Are you sure you want to save??" select OK.
Please note: If you have any trouble performing the instructions above, please check the state approval screen. In many states, the Inspection can not be edited if it is kicked back to state approval.