In most cases, when the energy modeled savings are unreasonably high or low, it is because the auditor has entered incorrect data about the structure's existing conditions.
This article explains how to correct modeled savings that are too high or too low for jobs that are paid or are on a submitted invoice.
Warning: Un-submitting paid invoices will modify reports that use the paid date range. Un-submitting submitted invoices will modify reports that use the completed date range.
***It is recommended to use the original invoice and payment date when re-submitting the invoices and payments.
Un-pay or Release Paid Jobs
- On the Payment List Screen, use the control button on your keyboard to highlight in yellow the job or jobs that need to be released.
- Record the payment date and payment number for each invoice so the invoice can re-submitted and paid with the original dates after the data entry errors are complete.
- Select the Release Invoice button. (Make sure the intention is to un-pay or release the invoice.) At the prompt "Releasing invoices will unlock the records. Are you sure you want to continue?" select OK.
- The job has been released from payment and is now in a "submitted" status on the Payment List screen.
Un-submit the Payment Record
- Note all of the job numbers on the invoice that you are un-submitting. (Remember, un-submitting an invoice from the payment list un-submits all jobs on that invoice.)
- Select the invoice you wish to unpay and click the "Unpay" button at the bottom of the screen.
- On the Payment List Screen, select the curved arrow button next to the record to Un-submit the record.
- At the prompt "Are you sure you want to un-submit?" select OK.
Delete the Record From the Invoice List Screen
- On the Invoice List Screen, select the delete trash icon to remove the invoice from the screen. (Make note of any indirect costs added to each job.)
- At the prompt "Are you sure you want to delete?" select OK.
Open Change Audit
From the WORK ORDER Menu:
- Select Change Audit.
- Click the Change Audit
- To edit an existing measure, click Edit at the beginning of the row for that measure. This will take you to the weatherization screen for that measure where you can make changes to the existing condition, edit the measure or delete the measure.
- To add a new measure, go directly to the appropriate weatherization screen and enter the measure.
- Do not delete your existing Work Orders after making changes on this screen - existing Work Orders will be automatically updated with all changes. If you add new measures you will need to create a new work order(s) – new measures are not automatically added to existing work orders.
When you have finished making changes, you must lock the audit before you can submit the changes.
- For Full House audits, if you have added new measures for the job go to the Selected Measures screen and assign a Funding Source to the new measure(s) before locking the audit.
To lock the job for Full House audits:
- Open the Energy Savings
- Set the top pulldown to use ESTIMATED Costs
- Click Recalculate.
- Scroll to the bottom of the screen and click Lock Audit.
To lock the job for Priority (Other / No Energy Model) audits:
- Open the Selected Measures
- Click Lock Audit.
After you lock the audit, return to the Change Audit screen.
- Click Submit Changes.
- Enter Comments describing the changes and/or reason for the changes.
- This will put the job on the Change Audit Approval The changes must be approved before you can proceed with the Installation.
Approve or Deny Changes
There are two ways to approve or deny audit changes based on your role and the rights assigned to that role. If you have the necessary rights, you may be able to click the Approve or Deny button directly on the Change Audit screen. If those buttons are not available, a system administrator will need to review the changes on the Change Audit Approval list and approve or deny them there.
To approve the changes:
- Click Approve.
- Enter Comments describing why you are approving the changes.
- Once the changes are approved, you can proceed with the Installation for the job.
To deny the changes:
- Click Deny.
- Enter Comments describing why you are denying the changes.
- If the changes are denied, all changes will be removed from the work order(s) and the Selected Measures screen and the job will revert back to the original condition.
If you are unable to make the changes needed through the Change Audit, you may need to delete the Install and Inspection Records. This can be done by selecting Install or Inspection under the Work Order tab and then clicking the trash can icon.
Once deleted, you will be able to open a Change Audit, make the changes needed, close the Change Audit and recreate the Install and Inspection records.
Install and Inspect the Job
- Select the edit button from the Installation screen, record the installation date and save and close.
- Select the edit button from the Inspection screen, record the inspection date, scheduled inspector, pass or fail status and save (or save and recalculate SIR if that option is present).
Prepare the Job for Invoice and Payment Submission
- On the Invoice List Screen, select the plus button and set the agency field. Select the plus button under the "Manage Jobs on Invoice" section. Choose the funding source. It is optional to paste the job number. Select the search button.
- Check the job number(s) that you would like to add to the invoice and save.
- If there are indirect costs associated with the job(s) add these under the "Indirect Costs on Invoice" section.
- Select the Complete and Return to Invoice List button.
- From the Invoice List Screen, check the boxes for the invoice(s) to be submitted and select submit.
- On the Payment List Screen, use the control button on your keyboard to highlight in yellow the job(s) to be paid.
- Enter the original paid date and payment number and save.
- At the prompt "Saving the payment date will lock the invoice and it will not be editable. Are you sure you want to save??" select OK.
Please note: If you have any trouble performing the instructions above, please check the State Approval Screen. In many States, the Inspection cannot be edited if it is kicked back to State Approval.