Using MINT to Complete Assessment and Create Proposal(s)
For this example Project, we will be doing an Assessment on Lighting and Refrigeration.
Getting Started and Adding Building Info:
- From the home screen on the MINT App, tap on ‘View File.'
- Select 'Building Information.'
On this screen, you will need to set the rate of electricity. If you know the Building Type, you can also set that here.
Adding Existing Items:
For this example Project, we will now add our existing Lighting Items.
- Next, you will tap on ‘Items.’
- Tap on the plus sign to start adding items.
- On the Area and Items screen, you will first need to add an Area Name. This is done by tapping the Area box and typing in a location and then tapping anywhere else on the screen to save it or press enter/return on your keyboard. In this example, we typed in and created an area named ‘Poles.’
- Now you can use the Catalog Search bar to locate the item(s) you’d like to add to your Area. In this example, we have searched for ‘Metal Halide 4’ to locate the Item Metal Halide (1) 400 lamp mag ballast.’
- Tap the item, highlighting it, to edit the record. Tap on the plus sign to edit the quantity.
- You can tap on the +10 to add a quantity of 10 with each tap or simply use the +1 to add a quantity of 1 at a time. The same for the minus sign.
- To edit the Item, tap on the ‘More’ button with the three dots. Then, tap on ‘Item Info.
- The Item Name and Project Type should default, however, if you need to change any of the information or add details, this is where you can do it.
- You can also tap on the ‘Add Note’ to edit the Notes field. When you are finished editing this screen, tap on ‘Done’ on the bottom right.
- Repeat the above search, add, and editing steps to complete your Area.
- To add a new Area, simply tap in the 'Area' box and type in the new Area Name.
- Repeat the same steps above for searching the Catalog to add your items in the new Area.
- Once you have added the needed Areas and Items, tap on the back button on the bottom right.
- This screen will show you all the items that you have selected so far.
- By tapping on the toggle button on ‘Area,’ this will show you all the items and what Area they are assigned to.
- Tapping on the number above the 'Items' will take you directly to the Area and its contents.
- When you are finished, tap on the back button on the bottom right to go back to the previous screen.
Adding Recommend Items:
- Tap on the Area button to toggle off (the button should be all white). Tap the 'Replace' button.
- On this screen, you will search the Catalog for the item that you would like to use as your replacement. Tap the record to select it and then tap on the plus sign.
- You will now see the item listed directly under the Existing Item. Tap ‘Done’ when you’re finished.
- Your Replacement Items will now show on the screen under the corrosponding Existing Item when you toggle on both ‘Existing Item’ and ‘Recommended Item.’
- If you’d like to see only the items that you are recommending, toggle off the ‘Existing Item’ button and toggle on the ‘Recommened Item’ button.
Adding Recommended Items for Non Existing Items:For this example Project, we will now add our Recommened Items for Refridgeration.
- Type in 'Walk-in Freezer' under the Area and then tap on the 'Add Recommendation' button.
- Use the Catalog search bar to find your Item(s). Tap the record to select it and then tap the plus sign to add your Item(s). Tap 'Done' when finished.
- You will now see your Recommened Item added to the list, highlighted in light green, marked 'Additional Recommendation.'
- Once have added the rest of your Areas and their Additional Recommendations, you can tap on the back button to return to the File Overview for the Project.
Creating a Proposal:
- When you’re ready to create your Proposal, tab the ‘Proposal’ button.
- From the Proposal screen, you will see your items and the costs that are pulled from the library. in our example, everything has a cost except for the Fan Control. You can edit this by tapping the item line.
- When tap on the record, a new window pops up where you will enter your Matieral Cost and the Labor Costs. When you're finished, tap 'Done.'
- You will now see the costs adjust on the Proposal screen.
- To apply a different Margin, tap into the Margin box and then select 'Apply.'
- To filter the site assessment by type, tap the 'Edit' button.
- In this example, we are going to create a Proposal for just Lighting. You will do this by checking the box for 'Lighting' and tapping 'Done' on the bottom left.
- You will now only see the Lighting Items (you will see that the Fan Control is no longer visible).
- To create a new Proposal, tap the plus sign at the top right.
- You will now see that there are two Proposal tabs. This second proposal includes all of the Items. This way you can show a customer their savings options for just Lighting or for both Lighting and Refrigeration.
- When you’re ready to generate these Proposals, you will tap on the ‘Cost Savings Analysis’ tab.
- As you scroll down, you will see a Proposal Overview. This shows the Monthly Savings and as well as Long Term Savings. You will see these broken down by individual sections and as a bundle.
- The Proposal Work Order further breaks down the costs of each section.
- Proposal Project will show your offset savings.
- Project Scope is the item by item detail. Tap on 'All Measure' to view everything or just individual sections.
- Once you have decided which Proposal(s) you would like to go with, you will tap on 'Save and Sign' shown at the top of the selected Proposal page.
- Use the page button to tab through the pages, tap the pen icon, sign with your fingertip and click 'Done' when you're finished.
- When you've completed your Proposal signatures, tap on the back button to return to the File Overview.
- To view your signed Documents, tap on 'Documents.'
- From this screen, you can view your signed Documents or remove them. To return to the File Overview, tap on the back button.
- When you have completed your Proposal(s) and you're ready to sync back to MINT online, you first need to tap the 'Mark File as Done' button.
- On the next screen, tap the 'Mark File as Done' button.
- Once the screen is done loading, you will see the button has updated to 'Undo Mark File as Done.' If you would like to continue, you will tap on the back button to go back to your MINT homepage.
- You will now see that your Project status is marked as 'DONE.' Next step is to tap on the 'Sync' button on the bottom right.
- Tap on 'Sync Now' to start the upload process.
- When the sync process is complete, tap ‘Close This Window.’